Powered By Blogger

Sunday 1 February 2015

Welcome back!




Welcome to Room 7's blog for 2015.  Wow, what an amazing summer we are having.  I have been out fishing and kayaking quite a bit (two things I love doing...especially when my 4 year old son Zico joins in, that's him in the picture with me) and I hope you all have had happy and fun-filled holidays too.  Our room is looking good but needs to be filled with enthusiastic students!  I would like to say how much I am looking forward to meeting all the families and students that will make this year a very special one for me.

Here's a bit about me:  I have been teaching for 10 years, my wife (Sam) and I both were teachers in Wellington for a couple of years before deciding to sell everything we owned and travel to Peru.  We taught there for almost a year in a place called Talara (I challenge you to find that on a map) and then enjoyed backpacking through Ecuador.  We returned to Wellington, taught for a couple more years, and decided to move to sunny Nelson.  We both taught at Tahunanui school for 5 years...amazing school, wonderful community, awesome students, so many fantastic memories.  Sam is staying at Tahunanui school but for me it was time for something new so here I am at your fantastic school! 

I'm looking forward to seeing you all on the first day of school. Your desks are named, the tadpoles are waiting (the frogs will soon follow), and I know we are going to have a great year together.

Parents and Caregivers: There will be no homework sent home for the first week as it's a short one. After that it will be sent home on Monday each week (due in on Friday). A newsletter will soon be on its way to you explaining what's happening this term.  Swimming begins on Tuesday the 10th of February.  There will be a meet the teacher evening in week two.  

See you soon!  Dave Pearson




  

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the update - we love fishing and kayaking too :) Hannah is looking forward to an exciting year. Donna (Hannah's mum).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you look like you enjoy the outdoors just like Ella-Rose ..... except for those very noisy cecaders in the bush .... they are freaky!! Welcome to Birchwood School!! Sarah Bailey

    ReplyDelete
  3. The drawings on the wall look good.

    From louis

    ReplyDelete